Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Eeriness of the River

  As we were crossing the blue bridge not far from our home on Monday, this was the picture before us...


   While crossing, I mentioned to Bob that I could just imagine Viking boats emerge from the fog. It was so thick and eerie! You see I suffer from too much imagination...it's a sickness I tell you! Seriously I'm my minds worst enemy when it comes to thinking of scary things. 

  Anyways...the fog was so thick you couldn't see 15 ft in front of you. All I could think of was those long Viking boats with the dragon heads and a whole deck full of burly men with red hair and horned helmets silently and quickly propelling their ships through the icy waters of the river emerging from the fog. Like you could almost hear the bellow of a fog horn cut through the silence of the evening and see the light from old lanterns or torches hanging from the docks. Trippy! Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it...

  God's earth gives us such beautiful displays of wonder. Even though it was icy and cold, there was something beautiful and pure about it. So much so that besides my mention to Bob, the rest of the ride over the bridge was pure silence. As we just gazed out over the water in awe of what was before us. I've honestly never seen anything of the magnitude before. The trees were covered it spikey icicles, frozen solid...it was absolutely breath taking.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!