Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meatball Sub Sandwiches

The Meatball Sub Sandwiches we made for dinner were so good, that I had to share! Now I didn't measure anything (I know you who love exact measurements are going to hate this, but guess on your tastes!).

Ingredients:
Meatballs:
2 lbs of hamburger meat

1 onion, diced

10 cloves garlic (about a handful), diced

salt

pepper

grated parmesan cheese (about a handful)

Italian seasoning (I used the Pampered Chef bottle that I had in the cupboard)

bread crumbs (about a handful)


olive oil for frying


*usually I'd put an egg or two in to keep it together, but I forgot when I was making them, and they turned out fine. I really should write down the recipe so I don't forget to put things in!

jar of spaghetti sauce
6 kaiser rolls mozzerella cheese
baking sheet


Directions:

1. Smash all the meatball ingredients into a pulp (or just until you think it's mixed in well).

2. Roll into whatever size meatballs you desire.

3. Heat skillet or pan on medium heat with the olive oil.
4. Cook the meatballs in batches. I like mine to be crispy, so just cook it until your liking.

5. Heat the spaghetti sauce in a sauce pan, and as the meatballs are finished put them on paper towels to remove the oil, then add to the sauce. Cover with a lid.

6. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
7. Cut kaiser rolls down the center (don't cut them all the way through, or you'll have meatballs in your lap!).

8. Add meatballs and sauce to the kaiser roll. As many meatballs as you want!
9. Add mozzerella cheese to the top.
10. Put on cookie sheet and place in oven for about 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. (you can broil these, but I always burn them because I forget to check them. I know you see a pattern, I forget a lot!) Broiling them does make them nice and crunchy on top!
11. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!