Monday, August 31, 2009

Baby Shelby Brooke

The start of our adventure! Bob's face says it all...the way he looks, is exactly how I felt about getting induced:) I went to the doctors at 3:30pm on August 20, and they told me "we are going to have a baby by tomorrow!", to which I said "what?". My blood pressure was too high, so they thought it best to induce me. Talk about scary! When you want a natural drug free labor, and you hear pitocin, you cringe. Or, at least I anyways, I called Bob and told him to get home because we have to get to the hospital by 7pm. We went home threw baby things into a bag, a few things for Bob and I, and headed out.
Here we are as a family before they started my "labor" process. Gabriel not to thrilled with the picture taking!
Show all Labors so fun! lol
The room was really hot. The temperature wouldn't come down from 72 degrees. They came in and rigged it to stay at 65 degrees, and then we froze the rest of our stay there:)

Here is a lovely picture of me on the birthing ball during I think the last contraction before I started pushing. Let me tell you, I almost gave up! Thankfully I got to push right after this. It must have been around 2:30am or so.

Cindy and Alexis waiting patiently. Alexis made it until 2am and then crashed.

Bob trying to wake Alexis up for the birth...didn't have much luck. He left her alone, and low and behold, she appeared at the top of my bed while I was pushing!
Shelby's arrival August 21, 2009, at 2:46am, all gooey. I think I pushed three, maybe four times.

The nicu nurses checking her out, and sucking out all the meconium from her lungs.

Look at her skinny little body! She weighed in at 5 lbs 5oz, measuring 18 3/4 inches.
Alexis and Daddy checking out Shelby.
Mom and Alexis meeting her.
Shelby getting her eye drops.
Her first bath.
A good look at miss Shelby.

The "new" family photo. Gabriel is such a proud brother!
But, this is really how our family looks! lol
Getting ready to leave the hospital.

It worked out well that we stayed for three nights. Alexis stayed the first to watch the birth, then Gabriel got to stay the second night, then Ty the third. They did really well, and talked Daddy into all the good treats in the cafeteria! I think they all came back with giant cookies, and grape juice. Overall, something that seemed so scary and dangerous, turned out to be a blessing. God knows the time and place for everything...we just need to trust that he does! Bob was home in time, I was able to have my natural drug free delivery, and Shelby is healthy, and the best nurser I've had! That in itself is a blessing! So, we are now a family of 7, who would have imagined.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!