Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pizza

  Our family LOVES pizza. It's one of those foods that could be eaten here morning, noon, and night. I don't know what it is about this food, but we just can't seem to get enough! 

  Our favorite is BBQ Chicken Pizza. We use Pioneer Woman's recipe. Although, I do not use the hunk of Mozzarella (it's too expensive at our stores), I just buy the shredded package of Mozzarella or the block depending on which is less expensive. We love using "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBQ sauce. It's the best and you can get it in bulk at Costco! ;) Cilantro is used as a topping once it's out of the oven, and some might think "really?" such as my dear husband, but it makes the pizza! Even he agreed after trying it (we are very daring when it comes to trying new things!lol) 



  I did however come across this recipe for pizza crust that is amazing from the Mad Hungry Blog. It's Lucinda's Basic Pizza Dough. It really truly taste like restaurant pizza crust. 

  Now, I haven't used it with the BBQ Chicken Pizza yet, but I think next time I make it, I'll be trying it. Pioneer Woman's Basic Pizza Dough is more my style though. It only takes about 5 min. to prepare and I only have to wait 1 hr while it chills in the fridge before I can roll it out. I'm always running out of time...so this is the perfect recipe for me. Lucinda's Basic Pizza Dough takes at least 3 hrs to rise or overnight in the fridge. But, the wait is well worth it.

  I'm telling you, "You won't be disappointed if you try it!" Yum, it makes me hungry just thinking about it. :)

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks so good, I'll have to try that recipe! We like to use that BBQ sauce too:)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!