Monday, January 17, 2011

Tea

Have you all been healthy these last few months? 'Cause these last few weeks a bug has held on strong to my sinuses and throat. Not very good timing with all the fun festivities...Christmas...New Years...and all the cleaning up that goes along with them. 

 This has been my recipe for survival!
"Constant Comment" Decaffeinated tea...with oranges and sweet spices. I add it to a mug of steaming water and a little honey. So sweet and soothing! Ahhh...can you hear the sigh?! :) Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE sweets. This tea is sweet enough to not add sugar. Yes, I know honey is just like sugar, but in a good way, not the white refined sugary, bad kind of sugar, that I usually would add by the spoonful...Gasp...I know that's bad, but I can't help myself! :) 

I think I can add this to my "favorites" list for sure! What are some of your soothing cold tricks? I'm not a big fan of medicating...so I'd love to know your helpful secrets!

2 comments:

  1. We love to make hot lemonade when we have the sickies: I take a 4 quart pot and slice 2 lemons and put them in there and bring it to a rolling boil then turn it down to low and just let it sit on the stove all day as we sip on it. I will put a heaping teaspoon of raw honey in the bottom of the mug before I ladle it in, stir it up and enjoy! Really soothes the throat and packs a punch of vitamin C. When the pot get s low, I refill it with water and add 2 more lemons, leaving the ones from the first pot in there. With me and d4 kids, 2 being teens, we can easily go through 3 pots of this in a cold blustery day. But it sure does hit the comfot spot for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh that sounds really good & simple! I'll have to try that one next time a bug hits us. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!