Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankfulnes Day 19

Today I am thankful for:


  Peppermints! I realize that the picture is backwards, but I don't have enough cell service at my parents place to upload a photo from my phone. So PhotoBooth it is! :)

  My milk seems to absorb everything I eat. I don't have the luxury of nursing my babies without some sort of repercussions due to the gas it creates in their little tummies. Everyone of my children couldn't handle Wheat Thins. I would crave them after their deliveries, shortly realizing that they were the cause of the gas pains that the babies experienced. This time though...Lincoln has taken well to the peppermints. I really think they calm his tummy. I have experimented with this theory...and it has proven to do what I thought it would.

  I thought I had heard at one time that peppermint calms a sour stomach. I realized how good Linc was when my parents were there visiting for the week. When they left,  he got really crabby (partially due to having his circumcision done a bit later than our other boys). Once we came to Mom and Dad's for the holiday, I realized that Mom always brings the peppermints for hot chocolate while she is there. Every night I had hot chocolate before heading to bed. And again, being back here for a visit, I had hot chocolate every night before bed with 2 peppermints in it and a few on the side! :) So the experiment began. No peppermints all day one day = fussy baby. 5 peppermints in the AM and 5 before bed = happy, content, sweet baby!

  I'm thinking when I get home, I'll switch to peppermint tea. A bit healthier and a bit more fight against this fat that needs to be lost. :)

  Try it for your fussy one and let me know if it works for you!

For this I am truly thankful~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!