Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulnes Day 23

Today I am thankful for:

  My Mother-in-law, Cindy! Today is her 60th birthday. She is a wonderful grandma to our children. She loves them unconditionally. She raised my husband to be a loving and kind man. She will be the first to tell you how well you are doing, or if she is excited about something. She loves people!

 
Cindy and Lincoln North

  She started this tradition with our two oldest, taking them to Barnes and Noble for story time every other Wednesday on her day off. She would pick them up, head into Vancouver, and then stop for lunch with them afterward. The children loved this! Once Alexis was school age, it became Ty and Gabe. Once Ty became school age, it became Gabe and Addie. I really think this was a great tool in making our children friends. They each became so close during that time. It gets a bit hectic with a family our size, so for them it was exciting to get to go out with a buddy! It helped each set to build a relationship that was more than just brothers, or brother and sister. They really truly became friends. It was sweet and such a special time for them to spend with Grandma. We moved before Shelby ever got a turn with story time. :( But for the others, it was something to tuck away and remember. I can honestly say that I wish I had had a grandma like her!


For this I am truly thankful~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!