Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankfulness Day 18

Today I am thankful for:

  Deer meat! Bob shot his buck opening morning of late buck! This unlucky buck just happened to be visiting my parents backyard for the last few weeks, trailing the does. It was a small 2x3, but it's meat in the freezer for this family. It's nice for Bob that he only had to sit on the back porch and wait. The buck wandered into the orchard area and now is spending his days in the meat shed waiting to be put in the freezer. There are so many hormones and junk pumped into our meats from the store that I am actually excited to have this good, natural, healthy meat for all our growing kids.

The little men posing with daddy's deer.

Now I just need to figure out some good recipes to hide the gamey flavor. :) Please feel free to leave recipes in the comments section! lol :)

For this I am truly thankful~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!